1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it the disc, the burner, or the player?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Renae, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Renae

Renae Member

If this is in the wrong spot, I apologize. Alright heres my problem:

Had some dvds that were playing glitchy in spots. I was playing them on a GPX D1816SIL player that I bought 3 weeks ago. I thought it was my burner, but just to be sure I went and played them on my Philips player and they played glitch free! When I burned the disc it burned fine, just as usual. Read it, burned it, verified it. Never had any problems before.

But the orig dvd plays fine in the GPX. The copy does not, how is that possible? It is glitchy in the same spots whenever played. The copy also plays glitch-free in my computer. This is not a commercial disc.

So where does the problem lie? I just don't see how the disc can play fine in one and then not the other. My info:

Orig dvd was on a Sony DVD-R x16 disc.
    I burned it onto a Verbatim DVD-R x16 disc.
    Burning software: Sonic Digital Media Plus v7
    Burn speed: Usually anywhere between: 8x to 16x.
    Computer:HP
    Windows:XP
    Burner:TS-H652L

So should I consider this a burner problem or GPX's players problem? I'd appreciate any help.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

I'd say a player problem. Plays fine in everything but the player.
    Some players can be pickier with media then others.

Try just burning at 8x or maybe in 6x.

Check the burners firmware and make sure it's up to date. If the drive came with the PC check HP's site or check Samsung's if it didn't.