1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it the media? Please Help.

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by redruM781, Feb 13, 2005.

1. redruM781

redruM781 Member

When i burn games, usually ea sports and some other games like black monday, the music or voices skip and with it takes a while to load with some games. Can someone please tell me how to fix this. I have Swap Magic cd/dvd 3.3, dvd/cd loader, cogswap and devil may cry to as a TOC refresh. Is there a way to fix ea sport games so they work perfectly or is it because of my media? If it is because of my media, what should i use? I tryed memorex and tdk, and i have imation ready to try. I have read almost every ea sport post but there are like 20 replys and i get confused on what to do. I have a version 4 ps2 and i read that some guy made a perfect backup with madden 2005 using a dvd+r, so should i use dvd+r also?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

+r might not work on your v4. Also, memorex and imation are poor quality. If you really want to rule out media, get some verbatim data life plus discs (the best you can buy).

3. redruM781

redruM781 Member

Is the normal verbatim dvd-r the same or as good as that data life plus one you are talking about, if if it isnt, can you tell me where you buy yours from?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

no the normal is not the same as datalife plus. I only bought them a few times, but i got them at target.

5. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

Memorex isn't poor quality. I've used it for all my games, dvd movies, and cds and never had a problem.

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

they worked fine for me too, but they use the some of the cheapest dye there is (at least for the -r discs).

Last edited: Feb 15, 2005
  7. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Yeah, Memorex kinda sucks. I've had all mine work, but only when I burn them at the slowest speeds.

Try backing up a backup, but burn it at the slowest speed you can burn it. If that doesn't work, then try new media.

Wal-marts all over the nation carry decent brands in small packages at cheap prices. Try there if you need to.