1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it true that a moded xbox won't play backups of all newer games ????

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Daggy-G, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Daggy-G

Daggy-G Regular member

Am not sure I wanna get an xbox because theres alotta ppl on this forum complaining how newer games don't work even with mod chips installed, Can anyone clarify this?
    I heard backup games like mortal kombat deception & ace 5 ect ect have a stronger copy protection & wont work with any xbox modchip.
    Is this true?
    So is ps2 actually better than xbox?
    Someone please tell me quick, I have to buy the xbox today if I am going to. (gettin a deal)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2004
  2. scottas

scottas Guest

It's mostly the older versions that are having trouble. It relates to the dvd drive. The newer ones are fine and xbox will always beat a ps2 when modded correctly as far as apps and all the cool stuff you can do. If you get a refurbished one it should be a 1.4 or 1.5, new will be a 1.6 - just have to do the lpc rebuild on the 1.6 first. Xecuter is coming out with a lpc rebuild module soon to make it real easy, http://www.teamxecuter.com/index.php

3. Daggy-G

Daggy-G Regular member

Not sure what version it is, All the guy said was that its an used xbox with evox D5 on an alladin or apple chip
    (2 DIFF MACHINES)
    Any recommendations? or even more user feedback?

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I ahve a box running an old 4976.02 bios and one of the first builds of executer2....and I'm having no trouble playing/backing up games. All of my 400+ games work great. Maybe look into the patches you might need......and the new mortal kombat backed up fine....don't worry. I just used dvd2xbox and patched the iso with craxtion4 just to be safe.

5. Daggy-G

Daggy-G Regular member

thanks for the info