1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by lecsiy, Jan 15, 2007.

1. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Hey what do you guys think:

(Remembering im experienced and can mod it all up)

For £70 a:

Esystems Laptop with the following specs:

14" Screen
    1.8Ghz Pentium 4 Celeron
    512mb Ram
    Onboard Graphics
    Inbuilt Wifi

Specs a bit vague trying it out tommorow and gonna post specifics but what do ya guys think?

O and of course XP already installed.

For £70 is that a bargain?

Lecsiy

2. steimy

steimy Active member

even though the specs on that are not great at all, it is a fair price for what they are selling. It is way outdated.
    Problem is that you may not be able to upgrade it depending on what the motherboard can handle. You may just be stuck with what you bought. for what it would cost for a new motherboard, processor, graphics card, better RAM, a bigger screen and a most likely power supply to run it all. You might as well just build a new one.

3. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Cool thanks for your opinion. Im thinking about selling it on ebay and maybe making some dosh.

The thing is im not 100% sure of the specs. Im gonna borrow it tomoro do a few scans. Look at my upgrade options and see then. Im just hoping to do up the ram / processor. Think that would make it pretty decent.

Oooo and heres a question going out to all laptop people out there. I know you can get portable graphis card but what slow do they go into. Does a laptop with onboard graphics likely to have a spare AGP sport going? And if it does do i assume i have to get a special laptop size graphics card.

If thats all right could you send me to a UK link of were i can get one!!

Lecsiy

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

you are most likely S.O.L. concerning upgrading the videocard. the cpu is a northwood not prescott dye so can most likely upgrade it.

steimy, that is a laptop not desktop computer.

5. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Sorry i dont 100% understand. What do you mean by S.O.L? Is it the interface like AGP or PCI-E? Or is it something else?

Also can i even buy theese graphics card because searching S.O.L doesnt return the right results.

Lecsiy

<<<<EDIT>>>>

Lol just read your post again does s.o.l stand for something saying i have no luck??

haha if it was just ignore my above post!!

Lecsiy

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

S.O.L. = Sh*t.Out.Luck. being a laptop means you can't upgrade many things except for hd, ram & maybe cpu plus dialup modem.