1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it Worth it??

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by CJTJUJ, Feb 15, 2008.

1. CJTJUJ

CJTJUJ Member

With all these companies trying to offload HD DVDs (Amazon and Deep Discount to name a few) do you all think it's worth it to just stock up on them for this low low price? I have in my cart from (Deep Discount) 10 movies for $147 - no shipping!!! I mean the HD product is still very good, it's just that the studios won't make anymore movies - right? I don't plan on "Keeping up with the Jones" and buying a BR player. Nope, I'm happy with my 360 and HD DVD player. Just looking for your thoughts...

2. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

I'd buy all the HD DVD movies you can! If you already own an HD DVD player then why not? Oh yea, have you tried Barnes and Noble yet?

3. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

Hey CJTJUJ. Since you own a 360 + HDDVD player like me, let me ask you a question. I inserted an original DVD9 DVD into the HDDVD and it only played back at 480i. I though that the xbox HDDVD player could upconvert Regulard DVDS to 1080i. Is this not the case? Have you tried playing regualar DVDS on your yet?

4. CJTJUJ

CJTJUJ Member

Yeah I've played a few reguler DVDs in the player and the picture was still very good. Now I don't know a lot about the specs and all but the picture looked nice (of course the HD looked better though). Not sure about the DVD9, don't know what that is. I have a VGA cable that I run from the 360 to the PC input on my plasma and everything looks very nice...
    It's just a shame that things are looking so bad for HD, again the product is great.