1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is lightscribe worth it?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by qwik3r2, Oct 8, 2005.

1. tashacat

tashacat Regular member

gwendolin, now that I have everything working I really don't see a need for the rollers. It works mechanically just as well as my Epson R220.

Muchos Gracias & Adios

Arizona talk....

2. paiger651

paiger651 Regular member

Tashacat,dont you just love those Canon's:)

3. tashacat

tashacat Regular member

gwendoline, yes, I love my Canon printrs, that is why I have 4 of them and my on lil' ol' Epson that I will probably get rid of. I have only had it for a month.
    Cheers!

4. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Up side
    NO INK!!

Down side
    2 or 3 times the price of normal discs
    Only CD and 4.5GB DVDs
    No DVD RW and DVD9 lightsribe discs yet

currently not worth IMO

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

you mean 4.38 dont you

6. brobear

brobear Guest

4.37777777777... LOL I have lightscribe and haven't even taken time to use the demo disc that came with the drive. Like someone said, the price is a downer. I just slap a name or number on the discs with a marker. If I want art, I put it where it will be seen, on the case. Normally the only time a disc is seen is when it's going from the case to the player and back. Anyone interested in the factory covers for DVDs, CDs, and cases should check out http://www.cdcovers.cc/ .

7. andmerr

andmerr Guest

still prefer the IP4000 its just as good as a lightscribe

8. brobear

brobear Guest

There's pros and cons either way you go. For a disc that is to be handled a lot, it's hard to beat the laser inscribed images, plus no ink (which has to be added to cost and some ink cartridges are outrageous). As for picture quality, it's hard for lightscribe to match the photo qaulity of a good printer. As I've heard 'Pete say in the past, "whatever floats your boat". I'll just stick to the markers.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2006
  9. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

I just use the CD/DVD lables I get 200 for 15 print them out peel it off place it on my CD spindle and plop the CD/DVD down take it out and make sure the lable is attatched well rarely do I have badly stuck or bumby lables.

I think mabye in 2 or 3 years light scribe or somethign like it will be the norm of thigns but for now meh....

10. brobear

brobear Guest

Who knows? ;) Lightscribe and even inkjet printables are still a niche market. Looking over the inventory, most of it is "shiny backs". As for the labels, as long as they stay stuck and don't start deteriorating, and that's assuming they're properly centered each time as well as "no bubbles". I did some labels and then noticed the fine artwork was most always hidden away in a case or in the player. I came to the conclusion there had to be better things I could spend my money on. ;)

11. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

IT takes less than 10 minets to just lable it wiht basic text and large letters dose it not? altho you have a point it might have aready reched its speed limit 0-o

12. brobear

brobear Guest

Wise words from the masterful ScubaPete come to mind at times such as this, "Whatever floats yer boat". As usual the choices boil down to user preference and what the individual has at hand to work with.