1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is live still accessible when burnt games are only played offline?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Chiibit, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Chiibit

Chiibit Newbie

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying a 360 when I'm able (apparently students in my city are having fusk all for luck when it comes to getting a jog, so I'm not alone there.) Like all my other consoles, I'd like to mod it, any game "backups" would be played offline, no WiFi or Ethernet, and I was wondering if I would still have access to live. There are certain games I'd like to buy from the live marketplace for multiplayer but the majority of my games will be burnt to discs.

If there are any specific methods that would allow for this, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chii

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

First of all, it doesn't matter if you play backups online or offline, the Xbox 360 remembers. You might get flagged and with too many flags you might get banned from Xbox Live. That said, there has not been a mayor ban wave since 2010 or 2011, so it has been a while. And with the Xbox One released 3/4 of a year ago Microsoft has lost interest in banning Xbox 360s. You're not totally safe of getting banned, but chances are quite good.