1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Magic 3.6 a good investment

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Timmay, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Timmay

Timmay Guest

I'm looking to buy the Magic 3.6 model modchip. Is that allI need to play burnt DVD games. Also is that the best modchip out there. Thanks for the info. AlsoI'mfrom Michigan where'sa good place to get it soldered and installed.

2. bodul67

bodul67 Regular member

I got my Magic3.1 from Modchip.ca with no problems. PS2 works great! You also need a DVD/CD/R-RW burner for your pc to make your own copies. As for someplace to install it - I can't help you there, I installed my own. Good Luck!

3. jr_

jr_ Guest

I think the Messiah 2 is a little better. Not much. The design is different and it's more expensive to buy and install.
    3.6 uses a clip. If you look through the post you will see a lot of problems with the clip and numerous users finally trashed the clip and soldered it. Especially if you are going to ship your unit out for someone else to mod.
    Just a small bump can jar the clip loose.
    If you want to use a Magic I think a 3.1 is a better choice.

4. jontracer

jontracer Guest

-Jon Tracer

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2003
  5. c7015

c7015 Regular member

6. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

You are right that someone would edit your post jontracer and since you have been warned before you will now be banned.

7. MAKAVELLI

MAKAVELLI Guest

Hey Timmay,

Well I bought a magic 3.6 with the infmous clip
    my advise is that if you do purchase it have someone professionally install it, Of course if your a master at soldering with microcircuitry then save yourself the $50+ dollars and go for it.
    I bought it because I heard that this chip is the most compatible as far as always playing cd-r and dvd-r and theres no need to swap any discs of course there are some problems that people had with this chip but it looks like someone is having problems with every chip made so good luck.