1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is modding the ps2 difficult?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by soupnaz, Jun 2, 2007.

1. soupnaz

soupnaz Guest

i modded my xbox about 2 years ago all went well, i was just wondering if a ps2 is more difficult, the solders seem smaller/

2. maynard1

maynard1 Member

from the perspective of someone who has modded several xboxes successfully, I find the ps2 much more difficult, like you said it is alot smaller, but stick around this site and they will never steer you wrong, once you get the hang of it, it's all good!

3. steimy

steimy Active member

4. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

if youve done xbox well, then ps2 shouldnt be too hard. i went from first time solder of ps1 directly to ps2. i ended up making it work.

@steimy
    dude, those pics are so nice. haha i tried to make mine like that the 2-3rd time i installed a mod chip and it came out better, but not like that.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, they mod them for as a hobby and have been doing it for a long time. I could never make one look like that, so i just let them do it for me.

6. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

seriously, although, i gotta say, i wish i could do fine craftsmanship like that.

7. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2007
  8. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

yeah dude, just take your time.

9. raiderj

raiderj Regular member

If you just plan on doing one chip, I'd say it's more cost effective to have a pro do it. I started off modding my brother's PS2, and I spent more on all the tools/wire/etc that it would have cost to get it done by someone else.

However, I enjoy modding PS2's moreso than Xbox's. You definitely feel accomplished after all that work.