1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is Musepack really worth it?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by AxelFoley, Jun 18, 2004.

1. AxelFoley

AxelFoley Guest

Just wondering because i downloaded the new musepack ripper through easy cd-da extractor 7.0 and ripped a cd and compared it and i couldn't tell the difference with the 192kb mp3...soo yeah some info and opinions. Thanks

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

musepack is better than mp3. most people would'nt notice the difference unless he/she is good a at hearing things. but it is better according to the latest publlic test conducted, at 128kbps.

preferably, i use og vorbis or HE AAC for lossy and wav or flac lossless

3. AxelFoley

AxelFoley Guest

Yeah thats cool is there a good aac ripper besides itunes and also where can i get a winamp plugin?

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

you mean musepack plugin for winamp ?
    try winamp site :p

for aac, if you didn't know, just informing, the latest winamp5 support aac out of the box. with the full version most of the popular format, vorbis, module tracker and others. lite version don't have vorbis.

5. AxelFoley

AxelFoley Guest

ok but do you know any other AAC ripper besides iTunres. And i got the musepack plugin already

6. shiroh

shiroh Guest

ah, forgot about that, i'm sorry.

Nero will encode AAC for cash :p
    actually many converters can do this, i use dbpoweramp music converter, it have all the codec you might need.
    just no aotuv vorbis, yet.

7. AxelFoley

AxelFoley Guest

rock and roll partner