1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is my dvd drive good enough to burn xbox games

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Gibbo7680, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Gibbo7680

Gibbo7680 Newbie

TSST corp cddvdw ts-l633f that's my dvd drive is it good enough for burning games?

2. richietea

richietea Regular member

its not just a case of saying yes "i think". Firstly,the drive has to be able to burn the maximum capacity of DL media.This means the drive has be able to work under the "now" integrated payload tool of ImgBurn to extend the write up to 8.7 gb for xgd3 format.Then there is the media type issue which has to be verbatim 001's or 003's UAE or Singapore if your lucky to acquire these.If your drive is compatible (this needs to be checked on a compatible drives list that can be google'd) and or use a blank dvd-dl and see if it increases its burn space to 8.7gb.You also need to make sure the burn quality is good enough through nero.,although in my case if it installs to the hdd then i say its good to go,but if you are planning on running the game completely from the dvd drive your laser will struggle to read poor quality discs.The burns will subsequently throw up disc errors and push you back to the dash.There is a "out of the box solution" for a drive that requires no flashing and will burn the full 8.7gb.This comes under the Sony Optriarc Ad-5280 CB plus model.Very cheap and users report great burns.

Rondon1 likes this.