1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is my dvd drive screwed in my dell?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by nel636, Mar 24, 2004.

1. nel636

nel636 Member

rite my problem.....i goto to backup a dvd using dvd shrink v. 3.2.1 along with nero 5.5 but after dvd shrink analysis the disc and goes to encode the information it gets to about 4% and says the following

"dvd shrink encounted an error and cannot continue.

copy protection error

the request could not be performed becasue of a I/O error"

and thats the end. ive tried various dvd's from love actually to the office and i was only burning on it the other day so i dont get it. am i doin something wrong in my sequences? the steps i take are the following:

1.analyse the disc in the d drive as it does automatically.
    2.goto backup the disc once ive chose to remove all the crappy foreign languages.
    3.select to burn with nero to my hard disc and onto a file on my desktop while creating video and audio TS files.
    then i goto start it and it starts to encode to around 4% and the error as mentioned before appears on all discs!

my dvd drive is a NEC 2100 AD and writes in a +R format (as i purcashed it with my dell pc) i have 3 ghz P4 with 512 DDR so my computer spec is obviously not the problem.

has anyone got any ideas?

2. drchips

drchips Active member

3. nel636

nel636 Member

oh sorry i didnt realise.

but can anyone help me still?

4. mr335

mr335 Member

There is a guide on this at this web site. Use DVD De-Cryter 1st then do the Shrink thing. View the guide under the guide tab on Afterdawn.com home page.