1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is My Hard Drive Dead ?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by YamE, Mar 12, 2005.

1. YamE

YamE Member

so i was installing my ps2 hd in pc while it was working( don't tell me that i shouldn't do that ok , cause i already did that) and then my pc turned off without any special effect(no smoke no even smell) and when i tried turning it on with hd still inside but nothing but when i unplug it works fine. so let my guest it flied ye ? if so can fix or chek to make sure if it fried just to make sure

2. sneek

sneek Member

go buy spinrite v6 and run it on the HD then u can tell ifi it still words and plus u can get trid of bad sectors too!

3. YamE

YamE Member

thks for help , but i think i have fried chip and i was think about buying same hd and just replace chip so anyone can give me few pointers one it

tried program but didn't works cause when hard dribve in pc it down't even turns on and no sighs of life

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  4. gruzum

gruzum Member

Is there anything else on that IDE port/cable? It migth be that u fried the port and not the disk.

5. YamE

YamE Member

cables are fine works with other hds , i think it chip that is in hd not dusk itself