1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my HD dead

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by chunkie, Jul 5, 2007.

1. chunkie

chunkie Member

Hi all,
    I soft modded a mates xbox a while ago and all is well. I had a spare 80gb hd that i didnt need and said to him he can have it. To get to the point i installed the larger drive in his xbox with the aid of my chipped box all went well with his install. i then started my xbox up and got error 16. now i thought this might be due to me flashing my eeprom with his so i could lock his hd. so i used auto installer when i loaded the disk it said new drive detected and i could only continue by formatting which i did it then said "Not all required resources could be loaded This is usually due to lack of space on HD........" it said if i FTP into it it might help and i tried this and it wont FTP in. i then used slayers evox 2.7 and tried to unlock the HD with config magic with no joy as it just hangs and says its loading config but it does not. i noticed that C, E, F are all at 0 and this was a perfectly working 250gb hd before this. Could anyone tell me a way to recover this HD or is it just a doorstop now, and if it is a doorstop where did i go wrong.

Sorry to have gone on you time is appreciated.

Chunkie

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

If you have a chipped xbox, just use the slayers disc to format your drive and re-install a dash!

3. chunkie

chunkie Member

Thanks for the response Chunkhead.
    My box is chipped, however, when i use slayers its says 0 on all drives even after selecting the format or rebuild options. I cant see why this has happened as when i read the tutes on hotswapping with a modded xbox the only thing left to do was reflash my xbox eeprom back to the original, which i was going to do with auto installer but when it loaded it only gave me the option to format as it said it detected a new drive. If i put my mates original stock softmodded HD in it works fine so it indicates a fault with my 250gb HD which i cannot see where i went wrong. Also if i load the 250 HD with the chip off i get error 06 and with it on i get error 16.
    again thanks for the reply.

Chunkie

4. chunkie

chunkie Member

ok its all sorted now, i had to reflash my boxes eeprom with with the backup i made with my mates stock HD in the when i connected my HD back it was all ok. Again thanks for the response.

Chunkie