1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my Media to Blame?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by holybob, Nov 16, 2004.

1. holybob

holybob Member

I've finally got of my backside and bought a slide card kit and swapmagic disc. After eventually figuring out where to put the slide card (didn't come with instructions!!!!) it seems to be working.

I've tried backing-up my first disc (FIFA 2005) - I used DVD Decrypter, saved the ISO to my HDD and then burnt it straight back to a Ritek DVD+R 4X (my Dell laptop only supports +R). I was surprised when it all seemed to be working. The loader screen comes up, the game reads the memory card, it gets as far as the next screen (the one which should say 'Press a button to continue'), the music starts and then the games hangs. The music is a big stuttery at times.

So my question is, do you think my PS2 laser is bolloxed? I've tried blowing into it without success. Or do you think my media is to blame? Or do you think I've done something fundementally wrong in backing-up the game?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

your media should be fine. have you tried any other games, if not, do it and see if it works (maybe its just a fifa problem). OR did you burn it at 4x? if so try again at 1x.

3. Djlai78

Djlai78 Member

burn at 2x, it should work.

4. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

5. holybob

holybob Member

I burnt at the default speed (4x) despite the warnings! I was impatient and wanted to try my first game!!!!

I'll try the patch and burn at a slower speed hopefully it should work. In fact, I think I'll leave work early and try it.....

Thanks for your help everyone - I'll let you know the results (because I bet you can't wait!!!!).

Bob

6. holybob

holybob Member

Burned at 2x, applied patch, enter disc id. My god, this is a steep learning curve.....

But, thanks to all your help, it's working a treat. I'll try an online game later....