1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my playstation 2 fixable?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by c0rbeil, Oct 18, 2004.

1. c0rbeil

c0rbeil Guest

I have a v7 ps2 and i tried to install a duo 2 se, i've installed one before on a v7 also. But this time when i put it all back together it doesnt work, at first i got the green and blue lights but it made a scary noise when i turned it on and it wouldnt eject and there was no audio or video, so i opened it up and a wire came loose off the chip so i put it back on and same thing so i remove all the wires from the chip and from the board and tried it again and it doesnt work either, all i get now is the red reset light only and neither button works and no audio/video, but i think my ribbon is damaged because if i jiggle it around the red light will go on/off, i've opened it up several times to make sure the ribbon was in securely also, any ideas what would casue this or how I can fix this anyone? Please :(

2. c0rbeil

c0rbeil Guest

anyone?

3. c0rbeil

c0rbeil Guest

what is the point of this board if nobody replies?

4. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

Hi!!
    sorry i didnt read your message before and i dont know why anybody helped thid time
    Anywaysthe same happened to me i had a V7 with a duo2 "professionally" installed by one of my man's homeboy.
    it worked fine for about 6 months it feel to the floor several times i fixed it (actually i just adjust the disc try but one day my brother was playing a very bad backup made by him.
    and it just didnt worked anymore we couldnt eject the disc try and
    There are 2 possibilities one the ribbon is damaged or two
    you just burned up your Ps2 thats what they told me when i went with really professionals to get it fixed up.
    sorry read ya later

5. c0rbeil

c0rbeil Guest

thats the worst answer ever

6. c0rbeil

c0rbeil Guest

anyone else know?

7. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

You have a short in your bios and/or a damaged ribbon cable.

8. c0rbeil

c0rbeil Guest

where is the bios chip at and how can i tell if its shorted or not?

9. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

the bios is the little rectangle and there you connect most of the wires and they have to be as shot is pissible.

is where the points P,O,N,M,Q,T,U,V and R

i hope this help

10. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

borrow yourself a multimeter and check for continuity between bios pins. That is, switch it to impedance setting, and test pins next to each other for a short.