1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is my ps2 abnormal..?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by twinkel, Feb 1, 2005.

1. twinkel

twinkel Regular member

i have a v10 pal ps2 console unmodded, without boot disks like swap and slide, but my ps2 plays ntsc original dvd movies with no problems...i thought there was a region lockout...could i possibly play ps2 backups with no chip or boot disk...?

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

If you could, you'd be the first. I would go ahead and say no, but hey give it a shot if you feel lucky.
    Not sure about the region differences, but it definitely won't get passed the ps2 boot information that's required.

3. twinkel

twinkel Regular member

ill give it a shot anyway, i dont have much hope though, just curious coz i play ntsc movies all the time and at the moment i have no modchip or boot disks...my ps2 was opened up once to change a squint but not broken controller port...i dont think that has anythin to do with it, but i didnt know my ps2 would play a differant region media...thats first i had ever heard of a ps2 doin that...

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Hmm, the problem with the ps2 games will be that our backup copies do not have the necessary booting information on them. This is something our burners cannot duplicate onto dvdr's.
    So it's really not a matter of what your ps2 might be able to do, it's just the fact that the necessary booting info's just not there.

heh, if that makes any sense.