1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is my ps2 broken?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by trouble13, Aug 13, 2003.

1. trouble13

trouble13 Member

hey, i was installing the sbox jumperwire , and one of the things i was soldering it to came of.. the little rectangle thing. I took the wire off , and put the ps2 back together, but now when i turn it on the red light comes on, but i cant do anything else. This really really sucks if its broken.
    i have another ps2 , but it doesnt work. Is there anyway i can combine the two, or send it in anywhere cheap to fix them? This really sucks. I just bought a whole bunch of things for my ps2.... :(

2. Prime_vci

Prime_vci Guest

wyhat u could do is put it back together and take it back to the store and get yor money back then save a little bit more and by a pre modded ps2, i did the same thign with one of the small psones they had the thign was toast after that

3. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

I don't think they would accept it cos you've split the void sticker right?

4. trouble13

trouble13 Member

well, i got it like.. 2 christmas's ago..? and the void sticker is off.

5. Prime_vci

Prime_vci Guest

i hewrd if u use black sharpoie where th voide sticker is it looks liek it wasent voided

6. JesterXL

JesterXL Guest

Pay some money for a board replacement, the boards cost about 80 bucks, and unless you have some experience, you will need someone to install it for you. I don't know exactly where to get the boards, but if you search on google for ps2 replacement parts you should find one.

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I purchased a knackered PS2 off ebay with the same problem.....

The 's' connection goes in between 2 components..

A resistor - which says 104, this is 100K ohms
    A capacitor (brown) - I put in a 10nF smd capacitor.....

Cured the problem....

Maybe worth, finding/locating some old circuit boards - and pullin some components....

Or get someone with the skills to sort it for you......

8. trouble13

trouble13 Member

baabaa, i have another non working ps2 i picked up just because the person was gonna throw it away, and the circuit board is fine. Im kind of an idiot as u can see, so i dont want to even try to fix it. ill do more harm most likely. Do you know a way i can get it fixed cheap? any help would be appreciated.

9. JesterXL

JesterXL Guest

you need to make sure the boards are the same version

10. baabaa

baabaa Active member

So what is the problem with that PS2 - Read errors etc etc......?

I am in the UK, sony charges about £65 I think to exchange a damaged PS2 with another one.

pm with details of both - ie versions and faults and I may be able to help you get one going......