1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my PS2 Broken?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Morieth, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Morieth

Morieth Member

Alright, here's the problem. I was opening my ps2 to clean the lense the other day, everything went fine until, You knwo that metal wire thing that holds the cover of the ps2 to the base, well, that thing kind of came out of it's socket. I tried turning it on without it but nothing works. I guess I made a pretty big mistake, but if anybody knows how to fix this, please help! Oh, I didn't cause any damage to the wire.. it looks like it's in perfect condition. Just to verify it once again, it's that aluminum flashy wire that hoorks up to the LED's on the reset and eject button. It came out of the base part of the ps2.. I have no clue where that is.. hope somebody can help. thanks.

2. egdevils

egdevils Member

its ok... just plug the wire back into its spot on the side you'll see an open slot just push the wire back in and it will work fine... get back to me let me know if everything is working!

Just so you know where I'm talking about theres two other similar types of wires on the side this one would be placed in the middle slot

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  3. Morieth

Morieth Member

I can't find where it goes, can you be more specific?

4. egdevils

egdevils Member

Ok on the side the cd tray is on right below the cd on what would be the right side of the ps2(if you were looking at the ps2 from the front) there should be 3 slots 2 of which have wires similar to the one you have disconnected in them then the third slot is where you should place the one for the one that you have disconnected thats the best i can tell you... if you still can't see it i suggest tearing down to the mother board and then you'll see it easily!