1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my PSP bricked? How do I fix it?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ak1n0, May 23, 2007.

1. ak1n0

ak1n0 Regular member

I just tried to downgrade from 2.71 to 1.5. It had a TA-801 motherboard. I used the easy installer and ran it all properly. This is my first brick, so i feel kinda bad, but it's not my PSP :D. At the end....it says to "press x to restart" and I did and restarted. I had my psp plugged in with the charger the whole time. Then when I restarted... It was just a black screen. No backlit and No memorystick ledlight flashing. Just the Power led light on. It does not shut off either... just stays on forever. I see nothing...like a psp turned off with the power led lit up. Is there a way to unbrick this PSP. I will try ANYTHING. :D.

After this... I recommend that after you press x to restart.... restart within 20 seconds or less. Probably less chance of bricking.

2. assasinex

assasinex Member

from my knoledge about bricks * which isnt alot, im pretty new * is that u cant really fix a bricked psp, although there IS a way. its the switching method, just go to the store u ( the psp owner since u said it wuznt urs ) bought it from, make something up, like...u tried to upadte it and this is what happened * show psp * idunno, be creative, and theyll do an exchange. ^^

3. ak1n0

ak1n0 Regular member

Hmm. that the only way??? now they check the sticker on the bottom of the psp to see if it match the box. Does anyone know how to cleanly remove a sticker without damaging it... getting adhesive off is ok... I can re-glue to the other psp. Just need to know how to get it off cleanly without ripping it or crumpling the sticker.

4. hodzic

hodzic Member

ok buddy...im 99% sure its a brick....
    ive bricked once, and almost cried like a schoolgirl

anywayss i worked retail so heres a tip
    go to wallyworld, buy a new one
    then return it....i would suggest switching the serial(sticker on bottom) just in case they check
    and last but not least try to go during rush hour because they workers will be in a bigger hurry

5. hodzic

hodzic Member

its really easy to peel off,,, jus get it by the corner and peel slowly.. i did it on the parkin lot a walmart and once i was finished i jus cleaned it really good......o yea make sure u take ur memory card cuz i forgot my 32mb card,,,those suck anyways

6. ak1n0

ak1n0 Regular member

Alright. I'll give it a shot. thanks. It's just because it's not my psp and I dont want my buddy to get in trouble from his parents.

7. armykid22

armykid22 Member

I am pretty sure this is NOT a brick, because people have complained that after downgrading, the psp screen shuts off. So i am pretty sure that if you just turn on the screen again by pressing the button next to the music one, your screen will come back on. Another thing, if it was really a brick, the psp would automatically turn off after 10-15 seconds, and in your case, it just stays on. Another reason why it is not a brick.

So try turning your screen on and your psp should be fine.

8. hodzic

hodzic Member

when i bricked my psp, the backlight wouldnt turn off unless u turned off the psp or took out the battery....but maybe its different for everyone

9. ak1n0

ak1n0 Regular member

Hmm. I've tried that a few times already. that's qute odd. it did happen to me with my psp before and i turned it on that way.. but with this one.. it won't work. I'll give it a few tries again when i get home tho.

10. ak1n0

ak1n0 Regular member

no good. i gues it really is bricked.