1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is my psp bricked?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by artifax, Jan 14, 2007.

1. artifax

artifax Member

Hey there. I updated my psp to 3.03oe-b firware last night. Everything went ok, I was playing some games on it today. Then it froze in the middle of playing earthworm jim, so I tried resetting it to no avail. I then tried powering it up and nothing is happening. Can anybody shed any light on what has happened? Thanks in advance.

2. serious8

serious8 Regular member

Hold the R shoulder button as you boot and see if the recovery menu comes on.

3. artifax

artifax Member

I can't even get it to boot though. I hold the power on button for 5-10secs and nothing happens.

4. serious8

serious8 Regular member

Are you sure you have the recovery folder on your memory stick? When you're going to the recovery menu, you're not booting. Just hit the power button and hold the R shoulder button.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  5. artifax

artifax Member

Ok, I managed to get into the recovery menu. What can I do from here? thanks for your help.

6. serious8

serious8 Regular member

Ok, you are very lucky to get in the recovery menu. From here, you should make sure you have the 1.50 eboot on your memory stick. You can connect your psp into the computer with the usb cable and toggle the usb mode within the recovery menu. Remember, you are going to be IN THE RECOVERY MODE while accessing the contents of your memory stick. Now, i'm not quite sure where the 1.50 eboot file goes but the next step in recovering your psp is to downgrade to firmware 1.50. Maybe another member may come here to shed some light as to where the 1.50 eboot should be placed. Do a google search with the keywords "3.03 oe-b"+"downgrade"+"recovery".

7. artifax

artifax Member

Ok, well thanks for helping me out with as much as you can. I really appreciate it. Can anybody else help me out with this? thanks

8. serious8

serious8 Regular member

Do the google search. I vaguely know the process. It consists of obtaining the 1.50 eboot and renaming it. Then placing it within the recovery folder. Then with a fully charged battery, you run the 1.50 eboot on the recovery menu. I did a google search for you and i only found 3.02 oe-b downgraders. It should relatively be the same nonetheless

9. serious8

serious8 Regular member

10. artifax

artifax Member

Thanks for the help. I got the 1.50 file renamed it to update.pbp and made my own recovery folder to put it in. I'm just not sure where to place the recovery folder with the file in it. They didn't mention this in the post. thanks

11. serious8

serious8 Regular member

Ok, make sure you rename the 1.50 eboot to UPDATE.PBP with capitals. Make sure you have the eboot placed in X:\PSP\GAME\RECOVERY
    Note that X is the drive letter of your psp. Then at the recovery menu press Run Program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP
    Also have your charger connected. Tell me how it goes.

12. k33py

k33py Member

If you boot into the recovery console you will see where to put the 1.50 eboot.pbp renamed as updated.pbp

PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/UPDATE.PBP

13. artifax

artifax Member

Well, thanks for all of the replies guys. After getting into the recovery screen and toggling the usb mode on, I got setup for the recovery, then before running it, I tried to turn my psp on again. IT WORKS!!!! I don't know what that was all about, but everything is up and going good now.

14. artifax

artifax Member

Well, thanks for all of the replies guys. After getting into the recovery screen and toggling the usb mode on, I got setup for the recovery, then before running it, I tried to turn my psp on again. IT WORKS!!!! I don't know what that was all about, but everything is up and going good now.

15. serious8

serious8 Regular member

It just magically started to work again? Maybe your psp wasn't charged? If something like that happened to me, i wouldn't just forget it. Problems like that should never happen. I would re-install the firmware just to be on the safe side.

16. artifax

artifax Member

sry for the double post. When I made the first one, it said I was a newbie and had to wait 3mins =( I guess it went ahead and posted anyway :-/

17. artifax

artifax Member

Do you suggest that I reinstall 3.03oe-a AND 3.03oe-b? thanks

18. serious8

serious8 Regular member

Well first, can you confirm to me if you have been charging your psp while messing with the recovery menu? If you have not, then i suggest that you downgrade to 1.50 and then re-install the custom firmwares.

19. artifax

artifax Member

yeah, my psp has been charging the whole time i've been screwing around with this.

20. serious8

serious8 Regular member

Then you should feel ashamed of yourself. Your psp wasn't turning on because the battery was low!!!!!! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.
    What a waste of time eh my buddy? Let me ask you something. When you tried to turn on your psp, was your green light flashing on and off?