1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my psp bricked?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Ryzir, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Ryzir

Ryzir Member

first off, im sorry for bothering you guys with such a stupid question but im not really sure if it is bricked or not (im a total noob at this). I just need to know if i have to buy a new one or not. Well my problem is it wont turn on. light wont turn green just... nothing. i think it might be a crappy battery because i had it charging all night and it still wont turn on. i've taken the battery out and put it back in, that didn't work and now im all out of ideas.

2. Sajman

Sajman Member

Hi

Just try this to verify if you have a crap battery or mot, take the battery out and just plug the ac adapter in only. this way the psp will run direct from plug.

Also have you used any homebrow, downgraders etc, if so then that could of caused a brick.

Have you seen a blue of red screen ever when turing the system on

Good luck

3. blade003

blade003 Guest

it wont be a brick cos when a psp is bricked then the green light comes on. buy a new battery a see if that helps.

4. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

just plug it into the wall w/o battery. see what happens

5. Ryzir

Ryzir Member

nope. tryed plugging in AC adapter with no battery and still nothing. but when i have battery in with charger, the light is amber/orange (whatever you would call it).

6. guano

guano Regular member

Soak it in water for one hour. That should sort it out. (Kidding)

7. Ryzir

Ryzir Member

oh, and i should let you guys know i was having problems with it a few days before this happened. Stuff like the games i was playing for freeze out of nowhere for no reason, or go through rediculously long load times. You think i would be better off buying a new one?

8. killaklan

killaklan Regular member

if you still got your warrantee, then just return it

9. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

sounds like y our power switch is f'd up. you can buy that part online on ebay and replace it yourself. it's pretty easy if your handy