1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my PSP fixable?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jumpin_05, Sep 17, 2007.

1. jumpin_05

jumpin_05 Member

I own a psp which has 3.52 firmware and worked fine a month ago. I then had a undiluted platinum mod chip installed and now I can't seem to work out ho to get it working. I have the flash installer but don't know what or how to install to the mod chip. can some one tell me what I'm supposed to be flashing to the chip and if it is still possible when the original firmware is 3.52?

2. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

is youre psp even bootable, if so thats ok as theirs software you can get that auto configures the chip thats if its been installed right

if it isnt bootable, you will need someone to remove the chip and try again... ask anyone whos good at soldering then i can help you willthe autoconfiguring software... ill try and find a link

[edit] sorry couldnt find a link, someone help us out please :)

you can flash it using the usb cable u got with it... it plugs into the usb board (i think above the battery) and connects to your psp

your flashing software should be on the disk

you can still keep your firmware and have another onboard the chip

and the chances of never getting your psp back after the chips installed fine is about 1 in 100 as their are many ways to revive it these days

i suggest downgrading 3.52 to 1.5 then to 3.40 oe-a or m33's firmwares

i use 3.40 oe-a because i find it easier to use... but others recommend the m33 firmwares

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  3. jumpin_05

jumpin_05 Member

My psp is bootable. So now I should flash it as 1.5? or do I have to downgrade 3.52? if so how do I downgrade?

4. jumpin_05

jumpin_05 Member

I have tried flashing the u>p with 1.5 and this is as far as got
    Connected
    Writing to U.P. flash..
    An error has occurred!