1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my psp gonna get bricked?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mikenogo, May 7, 2007.

1. mikenogo

mikenogo Guest

My friend at school, he is very informative when it comes to things like from games to world events. He knows a lot about psp stuff such as homebrew and downgrading. Once he downgraded my friends psp which he newly bought and it was around firmware 3. something. Mine was 2.5 Even though the board was no downgradable, it didn't matter to him because he could still downgrade any psp he wants. So I hand him my psp today and said he is going to downgrade it and put some games in it for me. Do you guys think there is a high chance that psp is going to brick?

Anyways, I am interested in learning more about psp homebrew. I am also going to download a lot of ISO so that I can use the devhook to load the games.

2. Blackwire

Blackwire Regular member

when u try and downgrade, there is ALWAYS a possibility of your psp gettin brick. The odss i dont know.

3. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

u can expect them to be almost nothing if u aren't retarded and read instructions correctly...they have been tested multiple times

4. Blackwire

Blackwire Regular member

ok now that u answered his question can u answere mine? its the one about the UMD Ripped V_V

5. kevlarpro

kevlarpro Member

for the record, the only way your psp can brick is when you flash your psp. when you upgrade and downgrade to new firmwares, you flash your psp. the more you flash it, the higher the chance of you bricking your psp. adding isos wont brick it.

6. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

just get a custom firmware its like a real game loads up then i suggest u upgrade to 3.03oe-c its better devhook is past times i still cant get the damn thing to work lol but i use 3.03oe-c use 3.40oe-a if u want latest features

7. iyotmori

iyotmori Guest

kevlarpo you said that the posible cause of psp brick is by flashing your psp, is my psp brick? cause i have fw 1.5 and upgraded it to 3.40 and i wait for a minute but it doesnt run then i aborted the upgrading by turning it off, then i turn on again it did not boot my psp.. and i try it on again and again but it doesnt on or boot my psp... can u help me what to do?..... plsssss......

8. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

\

Yep, it's bricked.

9. iyotmori

iyotmori Guest

peaInApod.... pls help me... is there any way to bring it back to normal? plssss reply.... what should i do????????

10. iyotmori

iyotmori Guest

peaInApod.... pls help me... is there any way to bring it back to normal? plssss reply.... what should i do????????

11. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

You got a couple options...

A)Get a Undiluted Platinum Mod Chip for the PSP (costs as much as a new PSP)

B)Get a new PSP

C)Buy a new PSP motherboard and swap yours out with the new one. The store http://www.consolezombie.com sells version 1.5 motherboards for $89 I believe. So if you or someone you know and trust is tech savy you could get a version 1.5 motherboard from Console Zombie for $89 + shipping and be set to upgrade to a custom firmware

12. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

god your dumb ass

13. iyotmori

iyotmori Guest

dumb my ass, i feel like im in the middle of the hell, feel like im burning and crazy like doing a weired things and i feel suicid... oh Oh my GoD....... thats my only psp i feel like im dying ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:c

14. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

if u read it before the update it says do not remove power or turn off do u have warranty?

15. iyotmori

iyotmori Guest

no i dont have anymore warranty... i aborted the updater because it doesnt process or run i wait to long and still 0 percent thats why i decided to abort it and its brick my psp...T_T

16. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

ring sony but they might make u pay

17. iyotmori

iyotmori Guest

But im from philippines.... and my sister bought it from las vegas... do you have knowledge of how much i pay to repair it? thanks for replying...

18. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

havent a clue