1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my PStwo fried???

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by PunishERD, Apr 15, 2005.

1. PunishERD

PunishERD Member

Hi ppl... I'm a newbie in this forum and I got a serious problem with my pstwo.

A friend of mine installed a modchip in my pstwo and everything seemed to work properly until I tried to close the console. I don't know what happened or what did I touched that now the console doesn't start at all. NEITHER THE RED STANDBY LIGHT TURNS ON WHEN I PLUG THE POWER CABLE.

Is my PS2 fried?? Is there anything that I can do???

I haven't used it yet !!!

I don't think that the modchip is the problem because it was installed correctly and everything was working fine until I tried to close my console. I was putting the covers back and suddenly (I don't know what I touched) the red light turned off and never get back...

I had checked the power switch and the ribbon cable and they are ok (I have another pair of them).

I really cann't remember how exactly it happened. I think that the PStwo was on and then I tried to flip it over and I think that the power switch touched the motherboard and then shut off. After that, the red light never turned on again (standby)

Please, help me

Thanks you!

2. frozenus

frozenus Member

sounds like you blew your power supply fuse. a screw probably touched somewhere it wasn't supposed to and created a short, blowing the fuse. check it with a multimeter (or just look at the filament inside. if it snapped, it's blown. just replace it with an equal size fuse from any electronics shop.