1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my Wii defective or something?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by jxt, Apr 10, 2007.

1. jxt

jxt Member

Yeah, I recently got my Wii from walmart and started playing on it. However, I've experienced some odd problems with it, though I'm having trouble pinpointing exactly what's causing it.

Sometimes when I'm returning to the Wii Menu, my Wii goes to a black screen and doesn't go any further. The power button and reset buttons do nothing, but it still ejects the cd. I end up having to unplug the Wii, then replugging and restarting to get it working again. My Wii remote turns off and can't seem to connect to the Wii as the blue light thingies flash, but then turn off. Those are the symptoms.

I've had this occur when I tried entering the Wii shop, and exiting it. I've also had it occur when exiting the Mii channel. There might've been a time when it happened after I exited Wii sports, or Disc Channel or whatever, but I'm not sure on that one.

I haven't done much with my Wii, it's brand new out of the box. I've thus far only played Wii Sports and Trauma Center: Second Opinion on it (not touching Zelda till I'm sure my Wii won't kill it...). I've downloaded the Voting Channel thing and the Internet thing as well, as they were both free. I've created like size Mii's.

Well, that's all the information I think is relevant, though I'm not all that hardware savvy. I'm thinking my Wii is broken or something, but I'm loathe to bring it to a store or customer service till I know for sure that's my only option. Anyone know what's up?

2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I would just exchange it, as even if someone suggested a fix what would you do if it happens again after the warranty is up.

3. jxt

jxt Member

Would exchanging it make me lose all my files? And what exactly would be the best way to go about exchanging it? I've had some bad experiences with customer service and stuff so any input would be appreciated.