1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my xbox dead? evox not booting

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by hidekun, Sep 19, 2003.

1. hidekun

hidekun Member

Hi

I have messed up my Xbox. 2 days ago, I finally managed to ftp my xbox. Everything went well and I started understanding how evox and the ini files were working. Yesterday, I wanted to patch the msdashboard.xbe and the evoX dashboard with the progscan patch to display them on my monitor through my VGA box. I suppose now the progressive scan program only patches games/app. When I rebooted, the xbox logo appears with the Matrix inside logo but evox does not load. Nothing happens. I can not FTP either. I tried to boot with my evox boot disk but after some loading, it stops. I suppose the evox.ini on the boot disk tries to use the msdashboard.xbe or other files on my Xbox hard drive. Is there a way to make a boot disk that would allow me to load evox, ftp then correct my mistakes? What do I need to include on that boot disk and what to write in the evox.ini? I have the original backup of C: and D: and the backup of the files I have modified. So, is my xbox dead? If I have to format the xbox hard drive, I do not mind but I would be very grateful if someone could help me. thank you

2. burger

burger Member

i think you should be using the default.xbe file to replace the evoxdash.xbe file, it may need to see the default file instead of searching for the ms dashboard? not to sure just a thought