1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is recode2 as good as using dvd decrypter and shrink??

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Sawdust11, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Sawdust11

Sawdust11 Member

Hi all, I just loaded nero ultra editon on my puter and was wondering about recode 2. Has anyone used it with ease like dvd decrypter.I have used dvd decrypter and shrink faithfully and keep hearing about recode so now I have. I'm always looking for new apps. to back up my movies. Just wondering what ppl think about it. Thx for any input.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Recode is a very fine app and every bit as good as Shrink since it was written by Mr. Shrink himself. The only difference is that Nero isn't in a position to include a ripper so you'll need to use something like AnyDVD/DVD43 or rip with Decrypter first :)

3. Sawdust11

Sawdust11 Member

Have u use the app? If so is it easy to work with or do u need to look in some of the help topics?

4. Bigfatboy

Bigfatboy Regular member

i've used recode and anydvd many times to backup my dvd's with excellent results and if you use dvd shrink you can use this no prob.

Peace

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I've used it a fair amount and it's a pretty intuitive app to use. I picked it up pretty quickly without the need for help. Even if you do need help Nero has some pretty good help pages available :)

6. Sawdust11

Sawdust11 Member

Great, thx guys for all the input. I'll have to give it a try now. thx again.

7. Andoru

Andoru Member

recode 2 is great
    i use it with anydvd
    its similar to shrink (in a way)
    shrink and recode 2 - quality wise is very very close
    dvd decrypter was the only one that was able to rip my kiss of the dragon...i tried quite a few combos with shrink but dvd decrypter took care of it...
    all of these programs are great..

oh, and when i use recode i usually do the files instead of a nrg image (personal pref)