1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is SCPH-39001/N same as SCPH-50000 ?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Cannibal, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Cannibal

Cannibal Member

Since there are so many conflicting reports on this model, I wanted to make sure (once and for all) that if this model, the [bold]SCPH-39001/N[/bold] is the same as [bold]SCPH-50000[/bold] that was released in Japan a while ago?

If not, what is it then?

1) Is it the exact same model as the current "stand alone" [bold]SCPH-39001[/bold] models, just bundled with a Network Adapter in a fancy box?

2) Also is it considered a V8 or V9 model? (or even V7)

3) Is [bold]Magic 3.1[/bold] compatible with this model?

4) Why the [bold]SCPH-50000[/bold] emphasized the DVD-/+RW compatibility? Aren't the current models (39001) compatible already?

5) And last but not least, should I wait for the [bold]SCPH-50000[/bold] or have my current [bold]SCPH-39001[/bold] chipped? I really don't care about the the new features such as Progressive Scan or built-in IR for DVD Remote, my concern is DVD-/+RW compatibility.
    Many thanks in advance!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2003
  2. L-deezy

L-deezy Member

The 39001/N systems are just a V7. Thats it. You should just go ahead and get you regular V7 modded. There is no chip out yet that works w/ the 50001 model yet in the US and it may be a while before one does. Your V7 will be more than adequit for you modding and back up needs.