1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Selena going to be one of many DVD-10 probs?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by amaze122, Mar 2, 2005.

1. amaze122

amaze122 Member

Is the fact that Selena is a DVD-10 the reason none of my programs work on it? (DVD Decryptor, Anydvd, DVD43, and DVD Shrink, all absolute latest versions)..
    And are these DVD-10's and DVD-18's going to be a new problematic burning hurdle? Also, I just heard about these disks for the first time, by stumbling on a post in here, by "Oriphus", after doing a search on the name "Selena". I had thought that all we had to deal with were either DVD-5, or DVD-9. I had no idea that such high capacity discs existed as DVD-18, beyond the concept vaporware stage! (I also had never heard of DVD-10's). Wow. How long have they been out, and do I need new hardware to fully utilize them?
    Also, I did'nt know that DVD-9s held all their data on one side. How in the world can a laser read two layers on one side of a disk, (I assume this is like a layer cake, one layer beneath the other, right); is there an article in here or somewhere that can explain more on this technology?
    Oh, and lastly, about that Selena problem, anybody else here experiencing it?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

so they aredouble sided dvd5 size

so one side has the film?

find all vobs of main movie and see if you can copy them to HD, useing just copy and paste

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

amaze122,

Check out my guide for converting DVD10 to DVD5...
    Link is in my signature

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  4. Andoru

Andoru Member

dvd 10?
    whoah

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Whats up with all these big azz signature lately?? People should be more curtious than that don't you realize how much resources and space them things take up? Try toning it down a little please..

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

We are talking just a dvd5 flipper disc are we not. I think the dvd10 thing will throw people off. Same with the dvd18 being a dvd9 flipper (2 sided.) Had me worried for a second.

Jerry

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah thats exactly what a DVD10 is just a 2 sided DVD5..

People just need to beawre of the different method needed to back up this type of disk. that is why I created a guide for it... :)