1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is service pack 3 causing burning problems???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dkg418, Feb 8, 2005.

1. dkg418

dkg418 Guest

I am new to the burning scene. but since I downloaded service pack 2 last night, I cant get anything to burn. Could one of you proffesionals(hahaha)help me?
    Thanks

2. dkg418

dkg418 Guest

Sorry for the fat finger. I meant service pack 2.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Deleted-----system double posted.

Jerry

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Yes, there have beem many cases where SP2 causes burn problems after the install. It seems to work fine on some systems and on others it screws the PC up.. I refuse to install SP2 because you never know exactly what it will do. Most of SP2 upgrades deal with security so if you are not having that issue I wouldn't install it.

Jerry

5. dkg418

dkg418 Guest

Thanks for the info. I will keep it off for now. Will this in any way open me up for security trouble down the road. We know how Bill is. HAHAHA!!
    Thanks

6. pfh

pfh Guest

Perhaps your burnning s/w needs updated. Check with M$ regarding pre-install issues with certain s/w. You can find a link on their website.

7. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Every system is different. You could use a program such as PowerQuest Drive Image 7.0 and make a complete backup of your HD to another HD and this way you could test the results of SP2 on your system. I have dual HD's and back up my primary every night automatically for several reasons including new software glitches.

8. dkg418

dkg418 Guest

Thanks for the info. I will try a few things then post the results. Again, thanks.