1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Setting the booktype on Imgburn Important?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ziggi_83, Dec 18, 2007.

1. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Ive heard of a few people setting their booktypes specifically, so is it important in terms of M$ flagging you or is it just to run a smoother backup, if so what is the right setting to set it at?

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

i am pretty sure with the newer firmwares out, there is no need to set the booktype, the only reason booktyping was used was to insure better compatibility when reading discs in the xbox drive. just like how some dvd+r do not work in dvd players but if you booktype to dvd-rom then it will have better % of reading that disc.

3. MrXbox360

MrXbox360 Guest

Ziggi, I would PM Steimy and ask him I would trust this homo.

4. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

lool, thanks 98sohc and mrxbox360, ill just wait to see if steimy or the other experts read this before Pm'ing

5. MrXbox360

MrXbox360 Guest

Ziggi, I just changed my layer break to 1913760 on imgburn and never had a problem burning the ISOs. Didn't mess with anything else.

6. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

klkl, i was thinking microsoft could detect that or something lol.

7. Memnock

Memnock Active member

It's not required to set the booktype to DVD-Rom anymore. With really old firmwares you used to have to do that for the games to load, but recent firmwares (like any in the last year) don't require it and automatically make the games report as DVD-ROM regardless of booktype. Any 360 drive that can load a DVD-R can load DVD+R. It's old DVD players like 2004 and older that have problems with +R.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007