1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Slim Downgradeable?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by secKEn, Oct 18, 2007.

1. secKEn

secKEn Guest

I was Thinking about getting one and wanted to Be sure

2. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

It is but you need to have access to a PSP fat running 1.50 or custom firmware to make the Pandora battery pack / Universal Downgrader to downgrade the Slim PSP

3. Jamio

Jamio Member

Yes it is, (I have a 3.60 M33) It is actually very easy to downgrade (once you have a Pandora's Battery and a Magic MS). You just have to do a few things to convert the PB to work on the slim and then its super easy.

If you get a slim and need any help feel free to PM me.

4. Merlock

Merlock Member

if i use a psp fat with custom fw to make the pandora's battery, it won't ruin it in the process will it? Do i need a spare battery?

thanks

5. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

no, a spare battery is not needed. you can use one battery, convert it to pandora's battery, use it on the psp patient, and convert it back to normal.

but it's recommended to get a second battery and memory stick so you can keep it as the universal unbricker v3. because if you full brick, you have no other way to get it back unless you have those two items.

if you use the universal unbricker v3, it will put any psp directly to 3.71 m33-2, or official 3.71 when needed.

i have used it on my own psp slim, and it works with no problems.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  6. secKEn

secKEn Guest

Okay thanks. Does anyone have a link or something to the process of downgrading a slim?

7. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

go HERE for instructions on how to create the universal unbricker v3

BUT BEFORE YOU START, you will need a fat psp with custom firmware to make it. it's the easiest way, and is the least complicated.

8. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

I havnt seen a slim yet but looking at ll the pics they dont look that much different, are they?

9. Jamio

Jamio Member

I made a guide on how I installed 3.60 M33 on my slim. I found that this was the easiest method and only took me about 5 minutes to get the Pandora's Battery to work on my slim.

How to Install 3.60 M33 on your PSP-2000