1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Swap Magic safe?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Assclown, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Assclown

Assclown Member

Heres the deal. I had a V9 modded with a MagicV chip. worked great until my buddies girlfriend knocked it over. it wouldnt boot dvd-r or orignal games. played some CD games. So i narrowed it down to a burnt laser. Bought a replacement, installed, got choppy sound in games. So i tinkerd with the cogs and whatnot, now i get a black screen after Playstation logo. crap.

Anywhoo, i picked up a used V9 from a guy i know today for 80$. and im thinking of trying out Swapmagic until i find someone to soder my old chip in the working ps2.

Now im just wonding how SwapMagic is on the hardware. Will it reduce my ps2's lifespan, Or cause any more problems in the longrun? Is this "Slide tool" also safe to use, because i dont have a fliptop?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

swap magic is just like loading a game, so yes its safe. The slide tool, on the other hand, can cause problems if you don't use it correctly.