1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the 360 Elite really worth it?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by phantom62, May 29, 2007.

1. phantom62

phantom62 Member

OK...a normal 360 costs $400 and the elite $500. Is it really worth getting a balck 360 with a bigger hard-drive? 20gb is a lot of space and I'm pretty sure most people don't even use the entire space available. So why need a 120gb hard-drive?
    Thanks

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

I just want one because it's black, got HDMI and I probably won't be able to mod it.

3. Kanibal

Kanibal Member

I have a feeling that most people will get it just to say they have it.

I personally don't see a reason for paying the extra $100 for a different colored case, or a bigger hard-drive that I will never get close to filling up (I still haven't filled the regular one).

4. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

If you downloaded high def movies off live or high def television programs, you would fill it rather quickly. I am putting my entire cd collection on my elite. I value the hdd size and enjoy the hdmi.

5. b18bek9

b18bek9 Regular member

i haven no use in buyin one figuring i have a core with a memory card and a premium with a 20gb hd...only thing i want is a 120gb hardrive and its kind of a waste for 170$ just for a harddrive...no need for a hdmi plug figuring i'm using vga's plugs for mine.... but i think if u dont have a 360 then the elite would be perfect.....

6. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

depends does the color black, HDMI, and extra hardrive space (100gb) matter to you? if they don't assist you in dog crap then stick with the normal one because they will lie worthless features wasting!

7. phantom62

phantom62 Member

LOL, if the color really matters that much, I'll just spray paint my 360 and the controllers. As for the larger hard-drive, I'll wait until the 120gb is put on sale.

8. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

to be honest, it is worth it even if you dont use the hdmi at all. the HDD by its self is 180 bucks whereas for 100 bucks extra you can get it with the limited edition case. they wont be making the stuff for the elites for too long, so you may want to get one.