1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Argon install correctly - how can you tell?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by VJR, Feb 14, 2008.

1. VJR

VJR Member

I have two issues
    1. I see a blue light in all the installs I watched on the internet but mine doesn't have one.
    2. I get DRE with my backups.. but my originals work fine.

My story
    I installed the argon chip using the alternate diagram. Put every thing back together and The Wii seems to be working fine. But when i tried to use it I was having problems and was concerned about my installation.
    My first problem is I get A disc read error with my backups.
    My second one is that I see a blue light in all the installs on youtube but mine doesn't have any. I have checked power with a fluke and it is there and all the points are good. So my question is what is the blue light for. I have looked on infectus site and it mentions nothing about a LED light in the description that is suppose to shine nor do i see one on the chip.
    As for the DRE I can play all the originals fine.. it is just the backups that are giving me issues. I used NERO 8.0 to make them.. not sure of the media.
    I must also let it be known that one of the pictures on the net is wrong on the alternate install.. it had me hook up the power to the 4 volt one at first. I found the error and corrected it. But I am really concerned about the knowing you got it right installation. Because there is no screen that pops up or anything so you are flying blind. It doesn't tell me with the backup to insert the right media or this is not a Wii game it just says disc read error ... but put the original in and it works fine.
    Thanks for listening

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Can you take a picture of your install?

Make sure the power is installed to a +3,3V point on the board. You should have also doubled up the wire for the ground and power points. Using 30(AWG) on these is not sufficient. You need to twist 2 wires together of the 30(AWG) and solder to ground and power.

As for the disc error. When you place the disc into the Wii does the game launch from the Disc Channel then you get the read error? Or are you getting the read error in the Disc Channel?

Do you have the Injectus Programmer to program the ARGON? If so have you updated it to latest firmware?

You really should know what type of media you are using to burn Wii games. Wii systems can be picky at what media it will read. Most recommended media is Verbatim, Ritek or Taiyo Yuden. To find out what type of media your using do the below...

Put a blank DVD disc in the DVD burner.

Go to Start/All Programs/Nero then select Tools and then Nero Info Tool. Nero will do a scan then bring up an information window. Click on the Disc TAB and let us know what the Manufacture ID# is.

You can also go HERE and look up the Manufactures ID# which will rate the quality of the media.

I would also consider going HERE and downloading the latest version of IMGBurn. Use this program to burn your Wii games. I myself burn at 4x speed and have had no issues with the Wii and ARGON reading my backups.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  3. VJR

VJR Member

thanks for answering. I only have one 30 gage wire connected to power I do not have 2 of them. I checked it with a fluke and got the 3.3 on the power. But as I said earlier I was following another drawing at first that had me hook the power to the source for the infectus chip that uses 5 volts. Granted I never turn the system on for more then a few seconds to verify everything work even then nothing happen with the blue light. it was then I kept reading and saw someone call the individual out on the mistake and so I made the adjustment
    I have the chip right now I do not have the programmer.. I found out a day before it came from email that they had not shipped the programmer.. I was kind of upset at this because on their site it didn't mention anything about being out of stock. And I find out about this the day before I got it - granted they are mailing me the programer at no shipping charge. Yet, had I have known they didn't have everything I wouldn't have gotten from them.
    I am hopeful that it works because instead of getting a error about not having a Wii disc I just get a disc read error.0 I have in the pass place one of these disc in the machine and it tells me it is not a supported disc or to insert a orginal wii disc. I will buy some new media today
    My biggest question is what does the blue light tell you and when should it lite up. I was told by one person to not worry about it but when things don't act normal I worry.
    So my main reason for writing this was that blue light issue.. I have checked around and seen alot of talk about the DRE on the argon.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I would start off by placing double wire on the ground and power. Allot of users have had issues with the install and it ended up being that.

As for the LED lights I wouldn't be able to tell you. If you are not getting sufficient enough power because of the 1 30 (AWG) wire connected for power then the LED more then likely wouldn't light up.

As of DRE on the disc. I use TY's myself and have had no issues with Wii games at all. The only issue is Game Cube compatibility and they are working on that issue.

5. VJR

VJR Member

First let me say thanks again... I found the problem and it was I was using the wrong drawing.. I went to the infectus site itself and use their drawing to make it work. There are many drawings for install on the net but I will say this go to their site to get the correct one. I double up on the wire like you said. As for the blue lite that is the interface lite.. if that light does not shine when you turn the system on then you have something wrong.. you must keep going until it comes on with the system...
    That lite must work in tune with the CD-Rom meaning if the cd-rom is spinning that light must be on. If the CD-rom does anything then that light must come one. It lets you know that the chip is in sync with the drive and everything is working. Also the light comes on when you plug in the programmer.
    I was going to post pictures but I don't know how to.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You post pics by typing...

[img*]adress of image[/*img]

Just take out the 2 *