1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is the encoding so long on nerovision express for anyone else

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by rssbd, Jan 30, 2005.

1. rssbd

rssbd Member

mine takes about 5 hours 4 a 45 minute show of excellent is that right or should it be faster

2. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

Depends on your system ...... if you're gonna ask a question like that we need more info. It takes me about 1.5 hours from astart to finish to do a movie with DVD Shrink ..... Using advanced analisis ..... that With Max Quality Settings using an Athlone 64 2.8 with 1 gig pc400 ram. With my old system a Dell running on a P4 2.6 with 512 it was about 1.5 hours. Some guys with older systems will take as long as 4 to 6 hours with a movie depending on thier equipment.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If your burrning an AVI file or DivX file and converting it to a DVD video in Nerovission then yes it could take that long.

4. EightPaws

EightPaws Member

I have transcoded "PAL" to "NTSC" 2 hour movies using Nero Vision Express and it can take from 4 to 12 hours. I have a P4 3.2, 1 Gig memory, and have hyperthreading and dual channel memory turned on. Motherboard: ASUS P4P800D.