1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Epson R800 built better than the R260?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by bratcher, May 23, 2007.

1. bratcher

bratcher Active member

I took my R260 back after having it 3 hours. The CD print tray kept jamming up. I'd have to load it 4 or 5 times to print on 1 DVD!! Then after 4 DVD's the printer wouldn't take the carrier into itself any more.

Question: Has anyone had these problems with the more expensive R800? I hope not as I'd love to be able to print directly to my CD's...

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

ok..... this is a small fault of the Epson printers...... my R320 sometimes does not accept the tray right away! I have to hit the EJECT button or just remove the tray and hit the button with the red light blinking and retry.... usually it only does this once in a print session....when I do DVDs it's usually about 4-10 or more at a time.... and I like to do it at one sitting.... so I am constantly printing on the DVDs! it's a small price to pay but once you get used to the quirks of the printer it becomes very manageable! not something I would take back the printer for!

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

one more thing..... I got a free tray from Epson by writing to them that the tray is defective! they gave me another tray for free! now I have one extra tray (brand new) on the side if every I need it! good luck.

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I have the same problem and instead of lining up the arrows on the tray and the feed mechanism I simply push the tray all the way in (gently) until it stops, press print and lightly keep my finger on the tray to make sure it doesn't eject...once it starts feeding I take my finger off and it lines itself up perfectly. I also print several in one sitting and this is a slight inconvenience and not really the way it is supposed to work, but much cheaper than buying a whole new unit when this is the only thing wrong with this one.

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

this is just a minor common problem but livable!

6. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

i have the R220 to and have had that same problem but like Ihoe said it only does that once, then after i line the arrows up again theres no problem, also it doesn't happen a lot.

7. repoman11

repoman11 Member

I have had my Epson R380 for six months now, and it is a jewel; never had any problems with the disc tray. My only complaint is the six ink cartridges that need replacing. SuperMediaStore has some super cheap knock-offs, but the very customer reviews they posted about them were mostly bad news!

8. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@repoman11 .......I bought plenty of ink from supermediastore.com and I get well over 300 or so disks and I still use the printer for business printing too! soooo don't say that supermediastore inks are no good! they are! that's all I've been using for well over 2 yrs or so. I have only had good inks from them..... the only problem with my last shipment was they didn't give me my extra black ink cartridges! So now I will try out Meritline or Rima or Newegg to get my inks! I'm sure I will get the same results from the other inks that they sell!

9. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

When my printers do this it has cd/dvd on the print and for feed has paper instead of cd/ dvd when I switch that over runs fine then. Epson store settlement June 20th Here comes the 380 home to papa! Chris
    Edit Dang Spelling

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  10. repoman11

repoman11 Member

Thanks for the positive press IHoe; the SMStore inks are sooo much cheaper, it's hard to believe such a good deal......I may try them out soon, 'cause i'm running low on ink. I've only printed about fifty discs, but I have been doing a lot of 8x10 photo prints which come out super fine...it's a great printer. Have a fine holiday weekend, in spite of all the rain we've been getting!

11. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I'm glad you're not having a water shortage like Southern Florida is! Send the rain down here! The only thing South Florida is getting is Sunshine and Heat!!!!