1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the firmware or the backup games banning xbox 360's?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Zahnno, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Zahnno

Zahnno Guest

I have been trying to figure out the answer to this question for 2 days and I can't find any info on it. Is it the Firmware or the backup games banning people from xbox live. I'm actually pissing in my pants because I have no idea if Im going to get banned using my original games on the xbox. I have never been online with a backup game. Is it safe to go on with an original game?

2. sirksam

sirksam Regular member

It can be either, most of the time, people are banned due to bad backups that aren't stealth patched properly. Do you know what your firmware is? If its quite recent, then you should be okay to go online with an original, theres always a risk of being banned with a flashed 360 though.

3. Zahnno

Zahnno Guest

I have a ixtreme 1.4, which i believe is the latest firmware out to date.

4. bagofcrap

bagofcrap Member

the simple answer is it is the game that gets you banned. Microsoft cannot currently detect which version of firmware that you have,

the way they are detecting is when you play a game, an improperly backed up game will not have the correct PFI DMI or security sectors which microsoft can pick up on.
    the more recent bannings are because of Timings.
    but all in all it is all about the information / speed of reading of the discs

5. Zahnno

Zahnno Guest

thank you. But I have heard of people who have never played live with a backup game and they still got banned.(they only played live with backups) are they likely lying, or what?