1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the FW hack just cat and mouse?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by owvp702, Apr 6, 2007.

1. owvp702

owvp702 Regular member

It's only a matter of time before MS does something about the DVD firmware right? Well if by somehow they manage to detect changed firmwae(don't know if that's even possible)what would happen? Would the hacker community just put out another firmware that would work? I know you can't see into the future so it can't really be said what will happen, i'm just seeing what the community thinks since some people are more experienced in this sort of thing.

2. Memnock

Memnock Active member

No PSP was/is like cat and mouse. The 360 DVD drive firmware hacks have been around for about a year and MS hasn't really done anything to stop them. At least Sony was somewhat effective in stopping people from playing new games on old system firmware for a little while. It appears the only thing MS can do right now is put out new drives that can't be flashed as of yet, ie. the Benq drive.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  3. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

yes i am pretty sure that is what they are trying to accomplish by coming out with the elite. Attracting people in with the new 120GB hdd, HDMI and the black finish. i mean knowing microsoft, even if someone creates a firmware(i am sure eventually there will, some smart mofos out there)they might have something like the WGA(Windows Genuine Advantage)integrated into the 360 now, and they will be able to detect... but who knows i guess we will never know until the darn thing actually comes out. But i am pretty sure all consoles prior to the elite are safe from detection.