1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the memorycard exploit worth it???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by $UR13, May 1, 2005.

1. $UR13

$UR13 Guest

I got a question for yall!! I got a friend that has two swap magic discs(i dont know what version they are) and i got a normal ps2(dont know what version is) and I want to make the memorycard exploit "to be playing backups right now". Know the question is: What do I need to do to be playing backups without the swap magic discs?(or what do I need to buy?

2. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

You need a PS2, A cheating device that allows you to transfer files from PC to PS2. I use the Action Replay Max Evo. A Playstation 1 game. Also you need the memory card exploit files, I found the files for the ARMax and then copied them to my memory card, via the USB pen drive.

Then I put in Tomb Raider and the new exploit memory card, and BOOM!...boots straight into whatever elf file I choose. I usually just leave the PS1 game in all the time, unless ofcourse I wanna play/copy an original disc. That way I boot straight into PS2OS, from there I can launch ExecFTPS and ftp to my ps2, or launch HDA/HDL and play my backups, or run emulators and whatnot.

You still cannot play backups without swapping unless you copy them to a HDD on your PS2 first. The PS2 still checks for valid discs.(Unless you have a modchip)

Because of this, you have to check compatibility with HDAdvanced and HDLoader to see what games work.

Personally, I use absolutely no mods/swaps at all, I use HDA/HDL elf files saved to my memory card to copy originals to my hard drive, and I use HDL Dump to put backups on my PS2 via FTP from my PC.

I just find ELF files to run, like PS2OS, PS2Menu, USB Advanced, FTP Servers,HDAdvanced 2.1/HDLoader, Emulators, Media Players, etc.

I've got about 60 games on my 200 gig so far, no problems at all.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: May 1, 2005
  3. $UR13

$UR13 Guest

Can you be more "specific" with my question: what do I nee? you know like: softwares,hardwares, etc. Plz list what I need!!!
    like this:
    #_______________
    #_______________
    #_______________
    #_______________
    #_______________
    #_______________
    and on and on.......\

4. $UR13

$UR13 Guest

Can you be more "specific" with my question: what do I nee? you know like: softwares,hardwares, etc. Plz list what I need!!!
    like this:
    #_______________
    #_______________
    #_______________
    #_______________
    #_______________
    #_______________
    and on and on.......\

5. $UR13

$UR13 Guest

sorry for the double post!!!

6. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

If your friend has swap disks just install it to your memorycard with his disks. If you put CDloader on your memorycard then you should be able to use that to boot your backups too.

If you have a spare harddrive and the PS2 network adapter then you're even better off. Here http://ausdigital.net/ . Learn. Another link to a forum ALL about memory card exploits http://www.exploitstation.com/

7. $UR13

$UR13 Guest

Well thanks for answering, but i have another question!!! If my friend has the swap magic discs and I want to do a memory card exploit(I dont have a flip top)~~~~~ Now the question: Do I need to spend any money??? (on anything)(SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE)Please thats all I need to know!!!

8. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

Those links i gave you...study, young grasshopper....learn.

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime."

9. IceHawk

IceHawk Guest

slide card

10. $UR13

$UR13 Guest

I need to know what I need? I already have the swap magic discs! So what do I need?

11. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime."

but lead him to a poluted pond and he may get sick and die

12. $UR13

$UR13 Guest

Can I send the exploit files through the network adapter somehow? I have a pc and already have the files! Can I just send them through the network adapter? I already have a slide card! And I dont have no chip and I dont have swap magic discs!(well my friend does but he lives far away) and I want to do it right now! From my pc!