1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Samsung Drive Absolutely Required?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jp123, Nov 12, 2007.

1. jp123

jp123 Member

Basically the topic name says it all. I have been helped greatly by the people on this forum and I greatly appreciate it, however I have a bit of a problem.

Before I go out and get all this stuff to flash a 360, I need to know, is the Samsung drive with kreon flash the ONLY way to read and thus back up xbox 360 games???

Is there an alternative drive that can perform the same process? Or is there a way to get any drive to read the 360 discs?

I've been informed that they are no longer made and I'm not able to get one off ebay. As a last resort does anyone know any Sydney stores that still carry them? I'm a bit distressed about it haha since I was so close to all of this coming together. Thanks in advance guys.

2. mrleftnut

mrleftnut Member

I've heard of a method some people use where they take an ordinary dvd drive with the top unscrewed. They put in a dual layer dvd like a movie or something(not sure if it can be just any dual layer) and then they take off the top of the drive and swap the dvd with a 360 game. I'm not sure if this actually works because I've never tried it myself.

3. whytelyou

whytelyou Guest

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=KREON&category0=

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Nope. You can use your pc drive, WX Ripper, download the security info from the web, the use XDVDMulleter to inject the info and verify.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

Trust me, buy the Samsung drive. It is 10x easier then the other method.