1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the xbox360 worth getting?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by silver112, Jan 14, 2007.

1. silver112

silver112 Regular member

I am really thinking of getting a xbox360 because of Gears of war and because of i have a HD TV in my living room but im having a lot of mixed thoughts on buying a next genneration gameing console.

My mother is getting a settlement check a working check and a income tax check she's getting one of those checks by the end of this month.

I need to know what system to ask her for but i dont know!

The ps3 is perfect for me but it costs to damn much,i dont want to spend my all money trying to buy one game.

The XBOX360 is the one i thought of the most,but they said you had to download the emulation profiles just to play original xbox games and its only about 30% of all xbox games you can play,and they said microsoft said they dont plan on a Internal HD DVD playerfor the system.

Then then theres the wii to me it is a very Weak System,and i dont like that it doesnt have a internal DVD Player.

Or Should i just get a XPS 710 Gaming Computer And Upgrade It To windows vista,because this is want my mother is going to get.

I dont know witch one to get I Need Help From You Guys
    give me some of your opinions about the system to help me come up with a solid idea of what i should get.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

The PS3 = too expensive, but the Graphics are insane, plus a $1000 Blu-ray player for $600.
    The Wii = I have it and love it, sure the Graphics aren't the best, but the Gameplay is amazing.
    The Xbox 360 = I have it, and it's awesome. The Graphics are way nice, and the online play rocks.

It all depends on what you like. It seems you don't like the Wii, and want to go for something with better Graphics. I would personally go for the Xbox 360, just because I have one, and have loved it. Gears of War is a fun game for it, and Playing online is like the number one thing that makes it awesome. And it has a DVD Player. I haven't really played any Xbox games on it, but if you have any Xbox games made by EA, they will not play on the 360, just because of what EA did (they made the same game for the 360).
    The PS3 has Blu-Ray, but I really haven't seen it in action, so why go for that. The Xbox 360 is $400, and if you want to spend an extra $200, that's your choice.

So ya, The Xbox 360, would be my bet on what to get.

3. silver112

silver112 Regular member

yeah but i really want to play xbox games on 360

4. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

5. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

Also, they are always constantly adding more titles to backwards compatibility list. I would reccomend the xbox360 as of right now moreso than the others. I didnt even want to get xbox360 at first, but now that I have it, I dont know what I was thinking! If you end up getting xbox360, I know you will feel the same way. Online play is awesome, and games and graphics are awesome. I just think for an overall console, 360 is where it's at. I guess ps3 would come into close 2nd because of graphics, but it cant touch xbox live (which is only $50/year). If you do get the 360, make sure you get live cuz it will make it 10x better from what it already is which is still amazing. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  6. silver112

silver112 Regular member

hmm yeah but they said 100% emulation is not possible on the xbox360

7. bluejet

bluejet Regular member

I like the 360, but the only problem is stated in my sig

8. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

yeah definatley 360.

ps3 graphics are great but frames per second will be like 15 so no go. Wii is the other choice. Sound very cool.

9. silver112

silver112 Regular member

what would be a good xbox360 game to get with the system

and what will i need to keep the wireless controler running

10. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Gears of War, is by far, the Best Game out right now. OR you could go with Lost Planet, but I haven't played that much. The Controllers take 2 AA batteries. You can get rechargable packs for them, with a cord that plugs into the 360 so that you can charge it, for 20 bucks at your local game store. I have that and it works really well.

11. hackaday

hackaday Regular member

DO NOT GET AN XBOX360! A NEW XBOX 360 is coming out! V2.0 Zephyr. It comes out in 2-3 years. JUST HOLD ON PEOPLE!

12. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

man like why would you wait another 2-3 years, just so you can have a internal hd-dvd player, and if it is because of the hdmi, components are pretty fricken sweet!!!! the fun is where its at now!!! 360 well worth getting!!! trust from a true gamer.

13. JoLanTru

JoLanTru Member

I dont think there will ever be a new version of a xbox 360 read this quote that i found to make sense.
    from: http://www.sudhian.com/index.php?/forums/viewthread/95674/

All that is probaly going to happen is a larger HDD with the 120 gigabytes to cope with the ability to record programs. I dont see how it would makes sense in researching, design and to produce an external HD DVD player then make a 360 with one in it about it a year later

Agree/Disagree?

P.S. Why buy a playstation when all their dedicated games are coming to the 360??? i.e Grand Theft Auto 4.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  14. silver112

silver112 Regular member

yeah i will not get a next gen cosole till christmas

ill just get the xps 710

its to hard to come up with whats the best system

15. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

Guys in interview about xboxs 360 2 stuff thet spokes person said if this ever happend no person currently with 360 would be left behind so tis not a real big deal..

16. silver112

silver112 Regular member

really how could they not be left behind?

but by the end of this year we will see what company will win the console war

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  17. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Youve seen something on the PS3 with "insane graphics?" which PS3 were you looking at?
    The PS3 has POTENTIAL for ........... is maybe what you should have said.
    Im not going to get into this whole mine is better than yours, debate, but the ps3 has nothing thats insane..............yet

18. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

load of crap
    if they release another "version" it will only possibly have built in HD dvd or come packaged with a bigger hdd
    the console architecture will remain untouched, ie games wil run on all 360 "versions"
    as far as a new system coming out in 2 - 3 years, no thats rubbish, I would stake my house mortgage on it.

19. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Yep they did say that, they also said that it wouldnt be able to accurately emulate the xbox 1 's most advanced titles.
    Yet Splinter Cell chaos theory looks and plays better on the 360 through the emulation, with a very noticably improved framerate.
    So all kinds of things are possible.
    Personally, I dont think they should over focus on backward compatibility. Do what I do, put your xbox into an arcade cabinet:)

20. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

you really think the blu ray will sell the ps3? I sure as hell dont. In tests and reviews, HD movies are notably better than blu ray.