1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a BIG diffrence between SHARP and MAX SHARPNESS?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Chocomog, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Chocomog

Chocomog Member

I just backed up my copy of Babel and never noticed video blockiness before, but in the intro of Babel when its all black I could see it. I always used SHARP and I'm wondering if MAX SHARPNESS would be better for longer movies like Babel... Like removing blockiness or preserving the quality as close as possible to the original. BTW I did movie only ENG 5.1 + english subs.

Thanks!

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

, you want to keep the compresion as high as you can, also cheep media,burning to fast,multitasking will cause theese things

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Chocomog,
    You want to go the other way on the longer movies towards smooth or max smooth

4. Chocomog

Chocomog Member

Whats the diffrence between Sharp, Max Sharp, Smooth and Max Smooth? I only used Sharp since the beginning.

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

6. Chocomog

Chocomog Member

I'll try that... THANKS!!

7. Grampaw

Grampaw Regular member

I just use Max Smoothness now for any DVD that requires less than about 90% compression (depending on movie length). Kind of simplifies things for me. Probably helps I have a dual core processor, however, it still takes a while.

I backed up Babel, movie only (at 146 mins), max smoothness, and didn't notice any blockiness playing back on a 24" WS LCD monitor using PowerDVD - in fact it looked real close to high definition to me.