1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a COMPLETE beginners guide to this subject?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by WJ99, Mar 29, 2013.

1. WJ99

WJ99 Regular member

I've read all the stickys and searched the website but everything starts at what I'd say is stage two. Has anyone done a complete walk through from the beginning for me to read before I can interact with the actual intermidiates of the topic? All I have is a 2 skybox's and a desire to learn!

Cheers all, sorry for sounding stupid, but we all have to start somewhere. For me it's the very beginning!

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Beginning of what? Your not actually asking a question, your asking for help but not saying on what?, what is it your trying to do? You mention two boxs and thats it, are you trying to flash the boxs? Which?

3. WJ99

WJ99 Regular member

This is my point, I don't know what my options are, what's available, etc etc. There's nothing mapping where I should go for further information.

Simply put, I want TV (particularly for channels I can't usually get on normal Sky) so I was hoping there was a guide where do I go from there.

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

channels not on on sky would need a motorised dish to point to other sats and a line from a server to unlock them is that what you mean?

5. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

basically you need a receiver, internet, a dish pointing at the sky satellite or a motorised dish to point at foreign sats, flash the box, enter cline, hook box up to internet plug in your dish aerial and scan. job done, help is here but your not being clear as to what you want

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

You need to be less cryptic and be a bit more concise when asking a question, There is a guide on here on how to flash the boxs, how to load a cline, the rest is up to you where you get the cline, we dont supply that info

EDIT - You will only get what you point a dish at and the cline you load,

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  7. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

WJ99, you say you have 2 sky boxes are these subscription boxes from sky that you have?

8. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

Simply put, I want TV (particularly for channels I can't usually get on normal Sky, he wants premium channels, dont know what box he has but i just worked that out

9. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

guess he wants a tutorial from the beginner of what each box does and what options he has and step by step instructions.

10. WJ99

WJ99 Regular member

This has answered my question, thank you all for answering!

My point was, I had no idea where to start reading/looking from the very basic level. Felt like a spanner asking such a basic question so certain parts of this could be included in the Ultimate Sticky?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  11. cactikid

cactikid Active member

i just took a wild guess in what you wanted as it was the question that was a bit vague,but we got there.glad your sorted.

12. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

Just to make it slightly more complicated....
    If you're looking for other satellites than 28.2e (BSkyB etc.) you could also use multiple LNB's on one dish or multiple dishes also.

13. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

it does not need to be stickied there are tuts after tuts after tuts on this, from buying a box, flashing, dish position, motorized dishes, entering a cline, receiving and sharing.Start from step 1 and continue.