1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a differences between the swapmagic for fat playstation 2 and slim playstation 2

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by zeheero, Jan 17, 2007.

1. zeheero

zeheero Member

Hi guys,

I would like to know that if there was a difference between swapmagic 3.8 kit for Fat playstation 2 and slim lite playstation. The reason why I am asking about this is that I try using my swapmagic for my Fat playstation 2 to my slim lite playstation 2. The funny thing is that I gotten a error when on my slim playstation 2. Could it be that I have to buy another version swapmagic design for my playstation 2 slim lite? If anyone know, please post it here, thanks a million

2. Xplaya

Xplaya Guest

What kind of error. Did swap magic load up on the slim?
    The only difference for the fat or slim is that they use different tools to open the cd drive without the ps2 knowing. The cd/dvd's are the same for both machines.

3. zeheero

zeheero Member

Yeah, I got like a error on it. I didn't even get a swap menu. Did I do something wrong?

4. Xplaya

Xplaya Guest

tell us what kind of error does it say or do, And what are the steps you do.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2007
  5. janrocks

janrocks Guest

It's more likely to be the laser in your slimline.. They pull this kind of trickery for a few days then just die.
    I know memtech who sell the swapmagic very well (they are just up the road) and they assure me there is no difference whatsoever in the systems from a disk point of view.