1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a DVD player compatible with Princo 4x dvd-r discs?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by vickecw, Oct 10, 2004.

1. vickecw

vickecw Member

I have been backing up dvds on princo 4x dvd-r's and they won't play on my Playstation 2 or on my girlfriend's Apex.

Anyone know which DVD player I should buy that is compatible with these DVD's?

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Easier to change the discs mate.

3. sirmugen

sirmugen Regular member

If the Princos are the white tops, I never had a problem with compatability issue. They worked in everything I have from PS2 Version 2 a 1997 DVD player to a el cheapo $19.99 DVD player.

sirmugen

4. vickecw

vickecw Member

yes, i've already ordered some quality dvds. however, i still have like 70 of these princo (white tops) and i've burned movies onto about 30 of them already. i bought a brand new little $40 apex from wal-mart and it wouldn't load. i hear that pioneer dvd players play just about anything. is this true?

also, my ps2 has a lot of miles on it. it even refuses to play some storebought dvds straight off the rack out of the case. these are dvds that it used to play. i think she's about to croak. anybody else's ps2 develop an "oversensitive attitude" toward dvd's?