1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a DVD you CAN'T Backup?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by GenPatton, Jan 15, 2005.

1. GenPatton

GenPatton Member

Just Wondering?

2. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

not if it has been authored properly. the things that stop people usually are bad media, bad quality or scratched original, bad sectors in newer dvds (dvd decrypter rips these no probs), drives running in pio mode, compatability problems (uninstall roxio and incd), fat32 hard drives (cant handle 4+gb sizes).

If you have the latest firmware for your drive, use good media and originals, and follow the guides you cant go wrong.
    When a company brings out new encryption, it takes about a week for someone to break it....if it can be read it can be burnt

3. GenPatton

GenPatton Member

4. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

I backed up troy without any drama. There is no commercially available movie that cannot be backed up. Whether you need new software/new original depends on the movie. Its not rocket science so keep it simple, lots of ppl come unstuck because they try to use 5 different programs at once. DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter is really all you need for basic movie backups and its free. Graduate to nero for fancier features but remember to keep it simple

5. colw

colw Active member

No probs with Troy - DVD Shrink does it.

6. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

No, there is no dvd currently to date that you cannot backup, I GAURANTEE THIS!

7. wheelman7

wheelman7 Member

The first DVD I ever backed up was Troy and it worked just fine with DVD Shrink.