1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there a easy way to back up only the main movie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kevmbri, Apr 7, 2005.

1. kevmbri

kevmbri Member

i have dvd decryptor and dvd shrinker need to find a way to just back up main movie no extra etc.........

thanks this site very helpful

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Choose reauthor mode in DVD Shrink. Then you should be able to drag the main movie title to the other side of the screen and get just that.

3. JimiMack

JimiMack Member

You can start right at DVD Decrypter by chosing from the menu..."Tools" and then "Settings" and then the "File Mode" tab. In the "On Startup" box, use the pull-down menu, select, "Main Movie". Close DVD Decrypter and open it again. If your disc is still in the drive it read from, it'll just show those files associated with the main movie. This saves you from doing the whole disc. Then you can go to DVD Shrink and compress. Then burn in DVD Decrypter. (I see where my words may have tripped up my point.)

WARNING: Be careful though...If you are using this technique when decrypting something like a television series or say like, The Flintstones, it may just notice the very first "movie" as the "main" one. When working on anything but a single movie, I always go back and choose the "All" command from the "On Startup" box, and live with the extra files....then I do my editing from DVD Shrink.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  4. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Here is a step by step guide with pic's !! Fool proof !!!http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/reccomended.html ---zen--->

5. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

I agree with squizzle, [bold]it is not always guaranteed the main movie will fit on a single layer disc without compression[/bold]. Decrypter can't, but shrink can.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  6. JimiMack

JimiMack Member

But the question has nothing to do with fitting a movie on a single, single layer disc without compression. Sure, Decrypter doesn't compress, but it is a necessary step in the process that kevmbri is describing. Why waste time decrypting the whole disc when all that is wanted is the main movie. (Which unless I'm reading the post wrong, IS the question.) If using ANY DVD, then I'd follow squizzle's suggesstion, but since DVD Decrypter is being used here, eliminating all of those unwanted trailers, and special features (does anyone really watch those anymore? I don't.) Zenarrow has pointed kevmbri in the right direction. Following bbmayo's guide is fool-proof and has helped me to burn countless DVDs.

7. kevmbri

kevmbri Member

thanks agian guys will try that bbmayo method