1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is There a Emulator of ps1 for the ps2?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by MrGospel, Mar 19, 2007.

1. MrGospel

MrGospel Member

hello, i am just wondering if there was a ps1 emulator for the ps2 because my ps2 cant play ps1 games properly and i got some good old classics that i want to try,if its not a problem could find or tell me if theres one?

thanks

2. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

Only way to get them working better is getting a modchip or similar thing I don't think there a PSOne Emu FOR PS2.

3. simmo2302

simmo2302 Regular member

tru, unless u want to play a ps1 game on the comp, i dont think there is a ps1 emulator for the ps2, as ps2's by default play ps1 games (ps2 is backwards compatible). and for legitimate backups of ps1 games u can use swap magic to load.

4. MrGospel

MrGospel Member

like i have a mod chip well a shitie on because i have to reset 1x for ps2,dvd and for ps1 2x my ps1 dont work but thanks for helping

5. steimy

steimy Active member

PS2 is a backwards compatible system that should play your PS1 games with no mods needed. It could be your mod chip that is causing the problems. If they are original discs have you tried disabling the chip and playing them?

6. MrGospel

MrGospel Member

lol nar im to scared to remove the chip my ps2 did use to play ps1 games backwards but now it doesnt when i had the chip in it still worked hrmmm is there like any other way to make me ps2 play ps1 games again repair it?

7. fatfatso

fatfatso Guest

Yes, buy a new laser for $60.00 at EBay or some vendors.

You better off buying a new ps2 just to play ps1 games. Because your ps2 laser has a dvd coil and a cd coil. Your cd coil is burned out and now you don't get enough voltage to operate it anymore. So, you can't read ps1 disc. Ps2 disc is a dvd coil and still working so you can still play backup with it.

There are talk about adjusting Pot to change the resistene of the CD coil. It is not 100% and it is "if fie if fie." But, if you messed up the othe dvd side too, you're Done done done!

Goodluck!